Sunday, February 21, 2010

Carried Away 2.


Clearly my longing to own this dream vintage luggage was made known to others for even though I was painstakingly paying it off bit by bit on layby my parents came to the rescue and voila! Christmas time arrived and well, you can guess the rest... I now own it! And I still can't believe it every time I look at it. It is just soooo glamourous and the blue colour with the cream trim is just so lovely. It has inspired a desperately needed reorganisation of my wardrobe, housing part of my vintage clothing collection and storing most of my fabrics. I'm told it dates back to the 1940s. It puts me in mind of American College girls of that era off to stay in a university dorm and get an education that will help them make a good marriage. (What's that movie with Julia Roberts? The Mona Lisa Smile?)...

2 comments:

handmade romance said...

they are gorgeous : )
well worth it id say! go parents!!

karenw said...

The colour is perfect, I am very jealous, they would be perfect for storing fabrics and paper and oh,just stuff. xx