Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Learn To Sew Project: Bag No. 4.


This is the final bag I have to show in the whole getting comfortable with a sewing machine endeavour. It is also the one I have struggled with the most. It started out as just sewing a little T shirt with the most beautiful but fragile coral pink raw silk. Having done that I felt obliged to build a design around it. (I really need to get over that!). It must have had something going for it because my daughter claimed it for herself before it was finnished (on spec you might say) but truly I  think it's the little cat buttons which make it (found here on etsy). That and the gorgeous fabrics used. All linen, lined with the most beautiful rose (I just couldn't capture the colours well enough with the photo) and an olive polka dot wool for the backing.

1 comment:

Lady Ren said...

What a great project. I think the olive color turns out great in the photo.