Skip to main content

Uh Oh.

So here we go again. April and I'm down with flu. If history is aything to go by I'll have it for the next three months. I rarely ask Col to take time off work but tommorrow it might come to be. It's a shame as Archie is starting his Pee Wee tennis lessons and I really wanted to be there. Not that Archie did. Want to be there. At Pee Wee tennis lessons. "Are you kidding?" I ask at his protests "I would have loved this opportunity when I was your age!" which was a wierd thing to say seeings I had every kind of opportunity as a child including tennis. Maybe I was channelling some 1950s parenting manual that greenlighted as many references to the Great Depression as you could fit in a day. Maybe it's because I had so much fun at tennis when I was young that I really want one of my children to experience it (are you reading this Ruby? It's still not too late...) and will resort to parenting cliches if need be.
Anyway I digress - it's April and I'm sick and against all odds I thought this year would be different. Last year's experience willfully forgotten, the blog post to self ignored. Or perhaps hope just springs eternal. Which is a good thing. I just wish I'd taken the advice I gave myself last year and got my hair cut. Sigh. I look like a Yeti.

Comments

inaluxe said…
hope you feel better soon, and I find scarves are a glam way to hide unruly yeti hair - which is kind of what mine looks like right now. Nothing half a tub of kerastase olio curl won't fix. Cheaper to GET a haircut at this rate! Can't say anything on tennis, except that I'm glad my parents just let me paint and draw! ha ha ha. Actually, hates tennis.... but I'm lazy. xoxo
suet said…
Ah, the good old days at the Yarralumla tennis club. Your rendition takes me back to the days of Stan the man and his tennis coaching. Remember when we graduated to the adult compeition and played mixed doubles with my brother and that other guy who's name I have completely forgotten? I think we lost every game - salad days indeed!

Hope the image of the grand old tennis days puts a smile on your face.

xxx Sue

Popular posts from this blog

GUCCI in Auckland.

Walking up the main street of Auckland this summer I was not expecting to see each side of the road wall to wall with international luxury fashion brands. It's not that Auckland isn't fashionable — to the contrary the country is full of it's own authentic, edgy fashion and creativity (a friend puts this down to the cool temperatures and the crappy television) — it's just that this kind of distinctly European traditional luxury seemed a strange fit. Then a local explained that when the cruise liners dock in the harbour the first thing the tourists see coming off the ship are the bright glossy brands beckoning. Maybe some can afford the $3000 price tags for these dresses? Regardless I love Michel Alessandro and there was no keeping me out of GUCCI, getting to see his work live and in captivity. Clearly I was not their most hoped for customer but the Gucci staff were laid back and fun and allowed me to take these photos as well as giving me a catalogue — sealed in envelo…

Zombies Hate Stuff.

Day nine since the first Intragram infusion and still feeling like I've done ten rounds in the ring. Today got sick of all the net surfing from bed and persuaded C to take me out to The National Portrait Gallery even though he had taken the day off to organise various household things that needed organising. I was too unwell to actually roam the exhibitions but we had a coffee in the cafe and then took on the book shop which has to be the best arts book shop I've encountered. Heaps of brilliant books were added to my wish list but it's this novelty one that really lit my day up - Zombies Hate Stuff. Who knew? According to the author Greg Stones zombies hate all kinds of things. They're pretty disgruntled types but what they particularly hate is kittens, clowns, weddings, sharing, re-gifting and war re-enacters. They also hate...
Disrespect.
Hippies and...

Mannequins (and regifting).
Read a little more about Greg Stone here where he guest blogs and interviews himself. Thank …

Studio Space - Jodie Cunningham.

I love images from artist studios and the spaces where they work. This is the amazing studio and gorgeous work of artist Jodie Cunningham. Jodie works in so many different mediums — often recycled materials and always with attention to colour. If you love colour this space is particularly divine.