Skip to main content

Easter Holiday.


So you've probably realised by now that this is not the kind of blog where a nice rosy sheen has been glossed over my life. I am not trying to sell you anything (though send me money if you like), I have a chronic illness, I do not live in a perfect house and my family are so un-photogenic I could only ever post stick figure drawings of them (faces pixelated) or arty photos taken in soft lens from the ankles down. So it wont surprise you any to hear that April is conforming to all expectations by being the crappiest month of the year. I had been literally just hanging in to finish up the terms work, counting the hours down I have to say, till Thursday afternoon when the term would come to an end and so too the painting component I'd come to find excruciating. This was partly due to the self portrait bit,  partly the pace, partly my inexperience with paint and mostly the evil virus that had taken hold (not even talking here about the one on the computer). The plan? I'd take a couple of days off, regroup and begin preparing for the grading interview scheduled for two weeks time. But then I hadn't fully registered the last day being reserved for a bit of Adobe photoshop, turning our final paintings into pdf files (huh?), getting them all special looking and to the printers before the holidays began. Sad to say I'm just not an intuitive learner when it comes to computers. Instead I'm the annoying person next to you at a computer course saying "Excuse me what did he just say about Control F?" or "Excuse me again, I'm sorry to bother you but I can't find the window I was just working on...", until you want to hit me over the head and I feel like the big loser I was when I did Stats at uni and 25% of the whole grade was for using a statistical program and I had no choice but to forfeit that 25% because I didn't even know how to use the coded door lock to get into the computer lab in the first place. Anyway to cut a long story short - I didn't finish my photoshop adjustments which meant instead of using the cheap college printers I had to do mine commercially at 500% the mark up. Also I lost my visual diary, ran around like a mad chook the next day, making two trips back into the school to look for it, mentally relinquished my studies, found it again, took  studies back up again (mentally), realised my children had hair lice, spent the day ridding us of them and washing every bit of bedding and clothing in the house and as a result I've done nothing for mid semester review next week...and all I want is just a few days off. Oh, and it's really cold and dark today.....sigh....
(It's a cute pic of a bunny though, right?). Source.

Comments

Getrealmommy said…
I can tell you that you are not alone when it comes to incompetence with computers. I am a total idiot. I have to apologize to our help desk all of the time for my stupid questions. Clueless. Beyond clueless. So sorry you are having a difficult month! I hope things start to look up soon!
karenw said…
Hey, there's still camping to look forward to!!
give me a call next week if you are well and we can take the kids down to the bookshop for hot chocolates. xx
Head lice- oy vey- Hope that is all sorted out by now!?
maya:) said…
soooo cute!!!!

Popular posts from this blog

GUCCI in Auckland.

Walking up the main street of Auckland this summer I was not expecting to see each side of the road wall to wall with international luxury fashion brands. It's not that Auckland isn't fashionable — to the contrary the country is full of it's own authentic, edgy fashion and creativity (a friend puts this down to the cool temperatures and the crappy television) — it's just that this kind of distinctly European traditional luxury seemed a strange fit. Then a local explained that when the cruise liners dock in the harbour the first thing the tourists see coming off the ship are the bright glossy brands beckoning. Maybe some can afford the $3000 price tags for these dresses? Regardless I love Michel Alessandro and there was no keeping me out of GUCCI, getting to see his work live and in captivity. Clearly I was not their most hoped for customer but the Gucci staff were laid back and fun and allowed me to take these photos as well as giving me a catalogue — sealed in envelo…

Zombies Hate Stuff.

Day nine since the first Intragram infusion and still feeling like I've done ten rounds in the ring. Today got sick of all the net surfing from bed and persuaded C to take me out to The National Portrait Gallery even though he had taken the day off to organise various household things that needed organising. I was too unwell to actually roam the exhibitions but we had a coffee in the cafe and then took on the book shop which has to be the best arts book shop I've encountered. Heaps of brilliant books were added to my wish list but it's this novelty one that really lit my day up - Zombies Hate Stuff. Who knew? According to the author Greg Stones zombies hate all kinds of things. They're pretty disgruntled types but what they particularly hate is kittens, clowns, weddings, sharing, re-gifting and war re-enacters. They also hate...
Disrespect.
Hippies and...

Mannequins (and regifting).
Read a little more about Greg Stone here where he guest blogs and interviews himself. Thank …

Studio Space - Jodie Cunningham.

I love images from artist studios and the spaces where they work. This is the amazing studio and gorgeous work of artist Jodie Cunningham. Jodie works in so many different mediums — often recycled materials and always with attention to colour. If you love colour this space is particularly divine.