Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Today.


This is how today should be spent. With a cup of tea and a magazine (the latest issue of Yen is particularly good - it has a great feature with some chosen illustrators re - imagining fairy tales!). Failing that wrapped up in bed. The start of really cold weather here, darker skies, earlier nights and an ongoing virus has sapped my motivation to finnish off some paintings for the grading coming up in two weeks. It doesn't help that the paintings are  - hmmm what's the right word to use here? - crap? -  and self portraits to boot. I know I should use this free day I have but all I want to do is blog, drink tea and then crawl into bed. Looks like I've made up my mind....

4 comments:

dear olive said...

Sounds like a wildly luxurious day of magazine, tea and bed could be just what you need to find your motivation again. Hope you enjoy it. Kellie xx

Getrealmommy said...

Yeah, that sounds pretty amazing. It is so rare that we give ourselves those opportunities. You deserve it!

Minnado said...

Have a good day - sounds very restful I haven't seen yen magazine before, it looks good. x

pepper said...

yes, that's how I felt on Tuesday, I called it a non-day and promptly went back to bed to read. I recommend it! Your mojo will return, may as well relax and get motivated vicariously for now :)

Pepper x