Wednesday, August 17, 2011

A Bit Of Drawing.



Some more fairyland type doodling, adding to something I begun about a year ago. Fun to feel pencil on paper and nice to relax with, rather than engage this semesters course work while battling a couple of viruses. Week four and I think I'm already looking at an extension for an installation art piece involving the creation of latex moulds that will allow me to reproduce a series of anatomically correct (I hope) plaster reproductions of a human heart. A bit creepy...but maybe not so far removed from fairy tales after all...snow white anyone?


6 comments:

karenw said...

You are too talented - still... I am desperate to see the heart, and I hope there are photos of you casting (is that the right term?) the latex.

I have to say I am loving having today off, specially as Meaghan decided that throwing up on her floor in the middle of the night was a good thing.
see you tomorrow. If you need me to get Archie send me a text. xx

gretchenmist . . . {belinda} said...

your drawings are great! and the project is sounding interesting and hard to do!
hope you're feeling better soon :)

Getrealmommy said...

I really like these drawings! Pretty, and whimsical (did I spell that right? Probably not.)

handmade romance said...

i know what you mean about pencil to paper! your drawings are great and the art installation project should so interesting. cant wait to hear/see more about this! i hope you have a relaxing weekend and feel better soon.

Kylie said...

These are just wonderful Jo! I hope you're feeling better soon. Kx

Magical Day Dream said...

These look amazing. i love to doodle as well :)

x

Marielle