Saturday, December 10, 2011

All Done Now...








Da da. The finished work which was handed in yesterday morning. A package which consisted of a zine, some postcards with a blurb of info about myself - and what kind of art I try to create - and then a box of mini notecards with further examples of my work. About twenty four hours before I handed it in I asked my partner to read the zine. He said it was "a bit depressing". I thought Oh my god, he's right. Why would you want to promote yourself as depressing? You wouldn't. I had been aiming more in the direction of "Hope". I took the first real objective look at it and had a bit of a freak out about how 'wrong' it all was and what in fact had I been thinking the whole time???? I have to remind myself that with creating sometimes you just need distance before you can make an accurate judgement. I still like the concept of what I was trying to say with the zine and am keen at some point to re work it. I do like the mini notecard concept though. Next time though will go for brighter colours. After all am cheerful, happy person.....am not depressing.....

4 comments:

karenw said...

Very Proud of you!! Looks most excellent - will have to check it out when you get it back- another high distinction!!

morning tea this week??

xx

Shade of Whim said...

oh my! this is beautiful!!!!
you never fail to amaze me!! so talented.
so...it's been some time since i've been in blog world. i even switched off my comments option because it was so so poor - i had no time to show some love to fellow bloggers, so i couldn't expect the favour returned. i'm hoping, though, you may like to swing by my (blog) neck of the woods and say a little hello too? x

Getrealmommy said...

I actually really like the colors... Does that make me depressing too?

Ruby-Robin said...

Hey sweetie, I loved your mini cards by Jo, so cute. Any possibility of making then to sell? I would love a little box of your cards to give people...just an idea :-) Just read through your blog since the new year, congrats on taking on another year of study, can't wait to see what you come up with. Hope your energy is holding up. Thinking of you. Jess ox.