Skip to main content

A Long Valentines Day.

Happy Valentines day to everyone out there. Hope it was a good one. Mine? Decent enough. A pretty bloom cut from the rogue rose garden flourishing at the side of the house, despite neglect, accompanied with the poem "Roses are red, Voilets are blue, Can't afford to buy one, So this one will do" written perhaps in response to the Nazi like hold I have taken on household finances to keep us in the red. Crap job - it's not making me popular - but someone's got to do it right?
Back on to the decision of whether to study or not this year - a bit of an upheaval yesterday after I had decided I would defer till 2013 due to a feeling of being burnt out on all fronts. I emailed my lecturer asking was there anything I should think about before making this decision and he mentioned that the course was up for it's accreditation at the end of the year and from the sound of it was going to be so extensively reworked I may not end up with credit for what I have done. What?????? The sweet sense of freedom my decision had engendered only twenty four hours earlier collapsed on my shoulders like the proverbial ton of bricks. So I turned back up at school this morning with every cell of my body screaming noooooo.... Do you know that feeling? 
I lasted till lunchtime. Did manage to strike a bit of a deal with myself and my ever patient teacher though. That I take the next two weeks off and try to chill out. Instead of the whole year as was the plan. I really would like to finnish this course (it is genuinely awesome, if challenging) but if I cant overcome this inward resistance in the space of two weeks then I guess that's it. So if anyone has a recipe for a speedy unwinding (sorry, alcohol doesn't count) let me know.....

Cute pic from here. Thanks to Kylie for pointing this cool etsy site out.

Comments

karenw said…
hmm the diamond tiara I sent as my valentines pressie obviously got lost somewhere...

must do coffee soon to discuss next two weeks or just call me - just don't stress...

xxx
Kylie said…
Oh Jo, that's too bad! I'm sorry things have turned out that way for you. I know it's dicky but when things like this happen to me I tell myself "it must be for a reason"... ie the fates have forced this issue because the alternative would turn out worse for you or whatever... I don't know if you've already tried it but I find yoga works for me. I've been super busy lately but have made myself go to yoga once a week and it really does help... even if I feel guilty for the time I'm 'wasting' ;) Take good care. Kx
Iveth Morales said…
I'm sorry to read you are having trouble deciding! I know that feeling, I've feel it before when taking big decisions where I know things are going to change dramatically. *sigh* Hope things work out for you the best way possible :)
Getrealmommy said…
Oh gosh, take away alcohol and Iv got nothing. So sorry! Hope you can get a little relaxation.
Getrealmommy said…
Oh gosh, take away alcohol and Iv got nothing. So sorry! Hope you can get a little relaxation.
interesting how things work in funny ways ~ i'm kind of thinking like kylie. finding meditation {doing daily guided half hour sessions with headphones} helps with feeling refreshed/centred and yoga too.
hope it becomes a bit clearer for you :)
Shade of Whim said…
Jo I'm on Kylie's team too! Yoga (if you're into it) would be an awesome little escape.
I really hope things work out!I'm positive they will...very soon!
btw, thank you for your comments left a few days back. In response...I'm (now) back in Adelaide. After my stint in Melbourne, I've come back to be with my partner (and family of course). There comes a time when things need to shift...and yesterday was that day for me. Incredibly sad to leave the inspiration that fills Melbourne, but happy (if not needing to remind myself constantly) for all that is to come from this new beginning...
DAVID McGRIEVEY said…
The worst thing you can do is beat yourself up, simply do your best and let the chips fall. Trust me, you are going to be fine.
X David, NYC

Popular posts from this blog

GUCCI in Auckland.

Walking up the main street of Auckland this summer I was not expecting to see each side of the road wall to wall with international luxury fashion brands. It's not that Auckland isn't fashionable — to the contrary the country is full of it's own authentic, edgy fashion and creativity (a friend puts this down to the cool temperatures and the crappy television) — it's just that this kind of distinctly European traditional luxury seemed a strange fit. Then a local explained that when the cruise liners dock in the harbour the first thing the tourists see coming off the ship are the bright glossy brands beckoning. Maybe some can afford the $3000 price tags for these dresses? Regardless I love Michel Alessandro and there was no keeping me out of GUCCI, getting to see his work live and in captivity. Clearly I was not their most hoped for customer but the Gucci staff were laid back and fun and allowed me to take these photos as well as giving me a catalogue — sealed in envelo…

Zombies Hate Stuff.

Day nine since the first Intragram infusion and still feeling like I've done ten rounds in the ring. Today got sick of all the net surfing from bed and persuaded C to take me out to The National Portrait Gallery even though he had taken the day off to organise various household things that needed organising. I was too unwell to actually roam the exhibitions but we had a coffee in the cafe and then took on the book shop which has to be the best arts book shop I've encountered. Heaps of brilliant books were added to my wish list but it's this novelty one that really lit my day up - Zombies Hate Stuff. Who knew? According to the author Greg Stones zombies hate all kinds of things. They're pretty disgruntled types but what they particularly hate is kittens, clowns, weddings, sharing, re-gifting and war re-enacters. They also hate...
Disrespect.
Hippies and...

Mannequins (and regifting).
Read a little more about Greg Stone here where he guest blogs and interviews himself. Thank …

Work Space in Fifties Palette.

Feeling so smug about putting up my box shelf and finally making my work space workable that I'm putting up the evidence. Wish I had taken before photos. The last photo is how the rest of the room still looks.