Skip to main content

Regrets.


I spent today really unwisely. After taking the last five days in recovery from this months treatment (rough, since I fell asleep without reminding the nurses to keep the rate of infusion slow) I woke up to a gorgeous clear skied, sunny day, a clear head and lots of possibilities (relatively speaking at least). So what did I do with those possibilities? I cleaned the house. I vacuumed and dusted. And as the sun set while I finished cleaning the bathroom I began to feel not just dumb crazy tired but a creeping sense of irritation which has sat with me the rest of this evening. I feel restless, frustrated and craving something more life affirming than house chores, hospital, medication taken on time and illness. Why would I use what precious little energy I have on house cleaning? While sometimes the decision to bring life to order via a messy house is just what I need and actually does make me happy, is actually the best use of my energy - today not so. It's a hard call. In hindsight today I would have liked to have gone to a market. Or this cool vintage shop in Norway. Not that that is actually possible given the time frame were discussing or even in a budgetary sense, but here I am doing it virtually. A cute Norwegian shop called 13.  Scroll down my chosen favourites or visit them  here. All the orange and green and 60s/70s kitsch is hitting the spot.







Comments

karenw said…
I am feeling for you - I spent the whole weekend moving and cleaning and still have the rest of today to do a pre inspection clean - god I hate renting...

appalling weekend (I know, I somehow made this about me instaed of you but isn't that what bloggong and commenting is about??)

will catch up soon for life affirming hug and bitch session xx
Luna Landing said…
Thanks Karen w. xxxx
Getrealmommy said…
Hey, I have followed your blog for some time and noticed you disappeared, it's nice to see you back. I don't know what is going on with your health, but I hope that you feel well very soon!!
maria said…
HI lovely lady!!!
I hope you're feeling ok. I'm loving the kitsch in this post ;) I can understand how it's all hit the spot!

hey, thank you SO much for visitng my blog. You don't understand the smile I have when I see your comments there. And thank you for the lovely words about my design. I've been playing around with differnt ideas for a while and I think I've found something I'll stick with for a little while.

Anyway...away from my blog and back to you (sorry!). I hope things are going ok with your health, lovely. I'm not sure exactly whats happened. Is everything OK? You don't have to answer here if you don't want.

Maria xxxxx
Anonymous said…
Ahaa, its pleasant conversation regarding this
post here at this blog, I have read all that, so now me also commenting at this place.


My website :: Modcloth coupon
Luna Landing said…
Thanks Anonymous, I always value your relevant, pleasant making commenting.
Anonymous said…
Get More Info It agree, this magnificent idea is necessary just by the way

Popular posts from this blog

GUCCI in Auckland.

Walking up the main street of Auckland this summer I was not expecting to see each side of the road wall to wall with international luxury fashion brands. It's not that Auckland isn't fashionable — to the contrary the country is full of it's own authentic, edgy fashion and creativity (a friend puts this down to the cool temperatures and the crappy television) — it's just that this kind of distinctly European traditional luxury seemed a strange fit. Then a local explained that when the cruise liners dock in the harbour the first thing the tourists see coming off the ship are the bright glossy brands beckoning. Maybe some can afford the $3000 price tags for these dresses? Regardless I love Michel Alessandro and there was no keeping me out of GUCCI, getting to see his work live and in captivity. Clearly I was not their most hoped for customer but the Gucci staff were laid back and fun and allowed me to take these photos as well as giving me a catalogue — sealed in envelo…

Zombies Hate Stuff.

Day nine since the first Intragram infusion and still feeling like I've done ten rounds in the ring. Today got sick of all the net surfing from bed and persuaded C to take me out to The National Portrait Gallery even though he had taken the day off to organise various household things that needed organising. I was too unwell to actually roam the exhibitions but we had a coffee in the cafe and then took on the book shop which has to be the best arts book shop I've encountered. Heaps of brilliant books were added to my wish list but it's this novelty one that really lit my day up - Zombies Hate Stuff. Who knew? According to the author Greg Stones zombies hate all kinds of things. They're pretty disgruntled types but what they particularly hate is kittens, clowns, weddings, sharing, re-gifting and war re-enacters. They also hate...
Disrespect.
Hippies and...

Mannequins (and regifting).
Read a little more about Greg Stone here where he guest blogs and interviews himself. Thank …

Studio Space - Jodie Cunningham.

I love images from artist studios and the spaces where they work. This is the amazing studio and gorgeous work of artist Jodie Cunningham. Jodie works in so many different mediums — often recycled materials and always with attention to colour. If you love colour this space is particularly divine.