Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Designgate.










Bit of a yearly low point. At least I hope it's the low point - in bed all week with bronchitis then woken up this morning in excruciating pain with stiff neck and shoulders. Ugh. Useless to all, my only friends Voltaren and chocolate chip cookie. Am now contorted into the only position I seem capable of, stiff arm over the key board so to blog about better times. Here goes....

Last week R's jazz band was playing at a college over Northside. I didn't know what for so I assumed open day or something. C dropped us there at 9.30, doing the one-car-family shuffle, back to the other side of town for A's soccer match in the rain.  I do not know what made R neglect to tell me college event was Designgate craft market. Every one knows I live for vintage, upcycled, hand made moments like this. I had $1.20 in my wallet. Not even enough for the freshly brewing coffee or baked goods.
Lots of great stalls though as you can see. My favourite was The Glory Box with her porcelain jewellery.
Other stalls I would have liked to have spent money at were Honi and Lemon with their re-done lamp shades, and Rosefinch & Belle with her laser cut cameo brooches. Sadly no money but  nice surprise of way to spend a rainy Saturday, listening to live Jazz and trawling hand made.

3 comments:

Getrealmommy said...

I'm so sorry you are so sick. That sounds awful. I hope you feel better soon. FYI-that is a way better craft show than I have ever been to!

Kylie Hunt said...

Sounds like a great market, but so terrible that you're having such a bad week. Hope you're feeling better soon Jo. Kx

Luna Landing said...

Thanks kind people!