Monday, July 25, 2016

Facebook Artists' Page.


You know I've been on Pinterest for a while, right? On top of social media in all kinds of ways, 45 followers on instagram....Then just last week, if that wasn't saying 'overexposed' loudly enough, I went and got myself a Facebook artists' page. I know, I'm like all over this platform thing. The final nudge came when I was scrolling down my standard Facebook page in my regular brain dead, time wasting stupor, and out jumped a post for the Luxembourg Art Prize. I have no idea what made me think entering the Luxembourg Art Prize would be a good use of my time but before I knew it  I was thinking Yes! I want to be exhibiting to an international audience at the Galerie Herve Lancelin and then before you could say ‘Herve who?’ I was paypal-ing them my family's last 76 Euros instead of paying the orthodontists bill.

Anyway somewhere along the exhaustive, multi step, online entry form they asked for my Facebook Artist's page. I better get one of those, I think, that won't take long. Or be confronting. Or make me feel like I'm putting myself...out...there.

No worries. It will all be worth it when I travel to Luxembourg and win the prize. I cannot wait to meet Herve Lancelin himself as he shakes my hand and hands over the the 25,000 euros needed to begin my new body of work!

You can check out and 'like' my new Facebook Artist' page here.

No comments: